21.6.14

Eating Healthy with Picky Kids


One of my favorite challenges with my siblings is getting them to eat healthy.  Every camping trip, every sleep over, every day we have a meal together I am always encouraging them to try new foods and learn a little more about what they are putting into their bodies.  
One trick I've found works very well is to find similar looking alternatives to some of their favorites.
For example, my little brother loves pop-tarts so when he is with me, I buy him Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries.  What has amazed me with this, is that he actually enjoys the healthier ones than I had thought he would.  He normally eats any chocolate variety of pop-tart at home, but with the Nature's Path pastries he prefers the strawberry.  It makes me so happy to see these little steps of progress.

One day we decided to celebrate some adventuring with pizza.  Both Emily and Eli helped make them using organic sauce and Daiya Dairy Free Mozzarella Style Shreds.  (With Edamame & Organic Fries on the side so everyone would be happy!)






Emily with her Chocolate Soymilk mustache!


Another surprise food I didn't expect them to like as much as they do are Tempeh Burgers.  Marinated overnight with Bragg's Liquid Aminos & Rice Vinegar, topped with whatever they like, and wrapped up in a tortilla shell!



No comments:

Post a Comment